Pitch & Sell your Book Online Course
Pitch and Sell your book: 7 steps to discover what makes your work unique & how make it irresistible to agents, publishers and readers.
I’ve sold over a million books – I can teach you how…
- Have you written an amazing novel or non-fiction book, but are being rejected by agents and publishers who never even ask for the chance to read your work?
- Or maybe you’ve decided to go indie and publish your book yourself – but readers either aren’t buying your book, or you’re attracting the wrong ones who go on to leave unfair reviews?
- Or perhaps you’re right at the start of a books: gripped by an exciting new idea but unsure where to go now?
Pitch & Sell your Book will change all that.
In seven steps, you’ll learn how to attract an audience and overcome rejection by identifying what is unique and irresistible about your work. It’ll help you to hone your story or concept – without losing the excitement. And it’s suitable whether you’re starting your first book OR an experienced writer.
This course equips you with the skills to make writing pitches, cover copy and treatments easy and rewarding. What’s more, it also frees you up at the very start of your creative process, as you tap into what your reader really wants – and how you can give it to them. I call this emsight – emotional insight – and it can be a game-changer.
I’ll take you through 7 steps in a series of videos, presentations, cheat sheets and exercises. The techniques come from TV, journalism, social media, publishing and business.
After the course, you’ll have:
- A deep, clear understanding of your work and what stands out about your writing – and how to attract your readers – and industry professionals;
- A brilliant and enticing title, pitch and book description;
- A compelling bio;
- A brilliant pitch letter for agents and publishers AND/OR
- Compelling sales copy to convert browsers to readers;
- An ideas builder to help you visualise and plan your NEXT book.
The course includes:
- 8 modules of videos, downloadable worksheets, cheat sheets, pitch & sales copy ‘recipe’ sheets, presentations and more;
- Unlimited access for 2 years – all downloads yours to keep;
- A free, private Facebook group, including scheduled exclusive Q&As with me where I review and share comments on your pitches;
- Priority access to a special offer on consultancy with me after you complete the course.
I’ve sold nearly a million books – I’ve published 16 novels and non-fiction books internationally, which have been translated into over 20 languages. I’ve also worked in magazines, newspapers, TV and radio. I’ve developed countless new programme ideas and formats for the BBC and even written their in-house guide to ideas and pitching – and taught writers, publishers and even Chinese TV companies to do the same. I love the ideas process and I want you do feel the same.
Now I’m going to share the skills you need to understand what’s irresistible and unique about your work – and how to sell it to other people.