A crazy year – and exciting plans for 2015!
Well, hello there!
How has 2014 been for you so far? It’s been another crazy year for me: and while I’ve been tweeting lots, I hang my head in shame at the lack of blog updates! Here are some of my excuses:
The dog ate my homework… um, my time. Yes, we got a puppy and she’s adorable, but she’s swallowed all my free hours, and chewed through two laptop cables so far. Say hello, Vesper (we named her after the Casino Royale cocktail/James Bond girl).
- Soul Beach books 2 & 3 came out in Germany and I’ve had so many lovely responses from readers: thanks so much if you’ve been in touch! I still think these are my favourite covers of all time…
- I went on the Lorraine Kelly show on ITV to talk about 5:2!
- I went to Australia and Singapore and had the most amazing time and so many gorgeous meals (and I shifted the weight within a couple of weeks of returning: the magic of fasting again). And I absolutely loved the country, the people I met, and the coast… This is the edge of the Queensland coast seen from a sea-plane… just WOW!
- I also to New York City with gorgeous author Rowan Coleman – it was simply wonderful, she’s a great travelling companion. And her utterly heart-breakingly brilliant novel, Richard and Judy pick, The Memory Book, is being published in the US next year as The Day We Met. I predict it’s going to be HUGE.
- I published a new version of 5:2 Your Life – and I cooked like a demon through the year to get my new book, The 5:2 Good Food Kitchen ready – and it’s published today. Am thrilled at how it’s turned out, though it’s a monster of a book at 392 pages.
- And finally, I’ve been working with my fab publisher Orion to prepare to relaunch one of my novels (originally published as The Bride Hunter under my not very secret pseudonym Amy Appleton). Now it’s called… A Batch Made in Heaven – because it’s all about match-making, bread-baking and falling in love in London! I’ll be posting more about this very soon but it’s going to come out as an ebook just two weeks into 2015 and I’m very excited about it as it’s one of my favourites and it’s lovely to see it get a second life.
Overall, it’s been an amazing year – with a few downs I won’t mention because I’m in celebrating mode – and I’m also looking forward to 2015: I plan to squeeze in more time for writing fiction, which was my first love, alongside the wonderful times I’m having with 5:2. I hope your year has been great, too, and I look forward to seeing more of you next year!
Whatever you’re doing, I wish you a wonderful festive period and an incredible 2015.
About KateI'm Kate Harrison - a novelist and non-fiction writer based by the sea in England. I also write thrillers as Kate Helm and epic love stories as Eva Carter. I also appear on TV and radio discussing healthy eating, diet, mental health and women's issues. View all posts by Kate →
Comments are closed.